We Are Wakefield
Salary: £32,950 plus agreed bonus structure
Interview Date: w/c 29th November 2021
Start Date: January 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th November 2021 (Midday)
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. You will be the highest-ranking manager in the organisation and will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals. Very strong crisis management skills will also be essential since the managing director is the one expected to “save” the company in times of need.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies to attain the goals of the board.
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Executive Chair so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are always followed
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company’s financial performance
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of direct reports and executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Read all submitted reports by direct reports to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred (Desirable)
Please apply by submitting your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to our Executive Chair, Craig Shepherd, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Wednesday, 24th November 2021 at 12 midday.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you do not hear from us within 48 hours of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful in securing an interview.